A release is a group of one or more files that are published as a unit.
Before creating a release, you must have a package into which your release will go.
- In the CollabNet Sites view, go to the package where you want to add a new release.
- Right-click, and select New > Release .
- On the Create Release page, write a name and description for the release.
Set the status value for the release.
- Pending - Releases with pending status are not visible in the drop-down lists displayed when you set Reported In Release and Fixed In Release fields in an artifact. Use Pending status when you have created a release but have not yet finished adding files.
- Active - Releases with active status are visible in the drop-down lists displayed when you set Reported In Release and Fixed In Release fields in an artifact.
Identify the maturity level of this release.
Use one of these predefined values:
- Development build
- General availability
- Click OK.
The release is created.
After you have created the release, you can begin adding files.