When a tracker artifact is related to other CollabNet TeamForge items, such as tasks, documents, or discussions, you can connect the tracker artifact to the other item by creating an association.
You can associate an artifact in several ways.
- Right-click an artifact in the CollabNet Sites view, select Create association and specify the item to be associated.
- In the CollabNet Sites view, drag an artifact and drop it onto another item in the tree.
- If you're working in the artifact editor, follow the steps below.
- In the artifact editor, expand the Associations section, and click Add Association. The New Association dialog appears.
- In the Target Item ID field, enter the ID of the item you want to associate, for example, "artf2001".
- Enter a comment describing your association.
The association is displayed in the Associations
section of your artifact, as a table row with a special "+" icon. Note: The association is stored locally until you submit your changes.
- Click Submit. If you do not submit your changes, the next time you open Eclipse, the association is displayed with the "+" icon.