When a document is related to other CollabNet TeamForge items such as tasks, tracker artifacts or file releases, you can connect the document to the other item by creating an association.
Some example uses for document associations include:
- Associating a requirements document with supporting feature requests or bugs in the tracker.
- Associating a document, or a document review, with the task that requires it as a deliverable.
- Associating a master document, such as a product plan, with other supporting documents such as a test plan or beta plan.
- Associating a product announcement document with a file release.
- In the CollabNet Sites view, right-click a TeamForge document and select Create association.
- In the Create Association dialog, enter the ID of the item you want to associate with the document. For example, "artf1001".
- Add a comment describing the reason for your association.
- Click OK.
Tip: You could also drag a document and drop it onto another item in the CollabNet Sites Browser tree.