Create a tracker artifact whenever you need to report and track a bug, feature request, support request, or other type of issue.
Individual tracker entries are referred to as tracker artifacts or tracker items.
- In the CollabNet Sites view, right-click a TeamForge tracker and select New > Artifact.
The New Task page opens in the editor.
Answer the questions posed by the required fields.
Note: The fields to fill out can vary based on your administrator's selection of required, optional, and user-defined fields.
Provide a Title and
Description that summarize
the issue or work item in a few words.
Tip: Descriptions help users learn how best to provide the information you want from them. To maximize your chances of getting useful data, make your description as informative as you can.
- For Priority, select a value that expresses the importance or urgency of the work you are describing.
Assign the artifact to a project member by choosing a name
from the Assigned To list.
Note: If your project administrator has configured the tracker to automatically assign artifacts to project members, you can skip this step.
If the artifact represents a bug or other issue that was discovered in a file release, such as a bug in a product release, choose the release from the drop-down list under Reported in Release.
Note: The drop-down list does not include releases assigned a pending status.
- Select the planning folder that the work belongs to from the Planning Folder list.
- Provide a Title and Description that summarize the issue or work item in a few words.
- Record any other information that may be appropriate. For example, if your project is using a Scrum-based methodology, your project manager may have provided a Story Points field (available since TeamForge 5.4) to track estimates of relative effort.
- Add a file attachment, if appropriate.
- Click Submit.