During a sprint, TeamForge project members can create tasks for new stories, assign and highlight tasks, update effort, and drag and drop tasks across swim lanes as they progress.
Right-click a project and select Open with > Task Board.
Here's an example of the task board interface:
The top area lets you control what you see in the task board.
- When you open the task board, the planning folder is set to the one you last worked with. Typically, this is the current sprint. To change the planning folder, click its icon and select the one you want. The task board will change to reflect your selection.
Select whether you want to see all stories or only the ones that are open.
Once all tasks for a story have been completed and the story is done, you may want it to drop off the task board.
Highlight different resources with specific colors.
Typically you would highlight the tasks assigned to you with a specific color.
Select Auto-assign resource to have a resource automatically assigned when a task is moved between swim lanes.
The left column in the task board displays all of your story cards. The cards shows limited but specific information: artifact ID, title, description, and configured story size.
- Story cards are presented in ranked sequence. To change their rank, drag and drop them as appropriate.
To update a story using the GitEye artifact editor, use either of these options:
- Click the Artifact ID.
- Right-click the story card and select Open in > Editor.
For updates using the story editor -- a specialized, limited editor for the task board -- use one of these options:
- Double-click the story card.
- Right-click the story card and select Open in > Dialog.
To create a new story, click this icon:
Tip: If a task template has been set up, select it to create several tasks at once.
The bulk of the task board displays task cards. Tasks are displayed in swim lanes that represent their status. As with the story card, the task card contains information focused on the agile process: title, description, user assigned to the task, and configured effort field.
To indicate the progress you are making on a task, drag and drop the task between the swim lanes.
Tip: If you drag and drop a task to the "done" swim lane, you can have the remaining effort automatically set to 0. You can set this using the Preferences option for GitEye or by clicking the Automation preferences.. icon in the toolbar of task board.
To update a task using the GitEye artifact editor, use either of these options:
- Click the Artifact ID.
- Right-click the task card and select Open in > Editor.
To open the specialized task editor, you have these options:
- Double-click the task card.
- Right-click the task card and select Open in > Dialog.
To create a new task for a story, click the Create new task icon within the story card.
- To change the user assigned to the task, or the effort for the task, click the corresponding field and make your changes.