When existing TeamForge user groups or project roles doesn't satisfy your requirements for organizational or other reasons, you can add and manage access rights directly in Gerrit, bypassing the source code permissions in TeamForge. You do this by creating an internal group in Gerrit and assigning this group appropriate access rights for the code and the code review process.
This feature is available with the TeamForge Git integration version 7.0.0 (and later).
Note: In most situations, using the custom category in TeamForge or defining your own RepoCategory is better than defining internal Gerrit groups. See this blog post for more information.
- In the TeamForge project with the Git repository, make sure you have a role with the Source Code Admin permission and there is a user assigned this role.
Log into the Gerrit web interface as the above user by doing one of the
- Click the Gerrit tab in TeamForge.
- Type in the URL http://<TEAMFORGE HOSTNAME>/.
- In Gerrit, select the Admin tab and click Groups.
Create a new group and provide it a description.
- In the Group Type dropdown, select Internal Group.
- Add TeamForge users in the Members field.
- Add TeamForge user groups in Included Groups. Type in ":" followed by the user group name. All members of this user group will automatically receive all rights assigned for this Gerrit internal group.
To provide this group access rights in the Gerrit project (corresponding to the Git
repository in TeamForge), follow these steps:
- In the Admin tab, click Projects and then click the project for which you want to specify access rights.
Click Access, and specify the category, group, reference
(for example, refs/*, refs/<BRANCHNAME>), and
- Click Add Access Right.
In case, you want to tightly control who can change information for a newly created internal group, then you, as the Gerrit site administrator, must set the "Administrator" group (a default system group having a Gerrit site administrator as initial member) in the Owners field. For more information, see the Gerrit help on System Groups.