A mandatory review is specified by including the keyword [RepoCategory:mandatory_review] in the description field of a TeamForge Git repository. Every change pushed to this repository must then pass through a review process before it can get committed (merged) to the repository.
- No access: Users with no permissions cannot do anything.
- View only: Users with read permissions can read branches and push for reviews, and have -1 and +1 for reviews.
- Commit/View: Users with commit permissions can do everything read permissions would grant and in addition have -2, +2 for reviews. They can verify and submit permissions but have no right to bypass reviews.
- Delete/View: Users with delete permissions can do everything commit permissions would grant.
- Source Code Admin: Users with admin permissions can do everything delete permissions would grant and in addition push to/create any branch (bypassing review). They can rewrite history, forge the identity of the Gerrit server, and have the right to push tags, the right to upload merges, and the right to fine tune access rights in Gerrit for the Gerrit project involved.