An optional review is specified by including the keyword [RepoCategory:optional_review] in the description field of a TeamForge Git repository. Every change submitted to this repository can then be pushed for code review or directly pushed to the repository bypassing review. repository. This depends on the TeamForge user having the appropriate permissions - source code Delete/View or or Commit/View permission for the former, or Source Code Admin permission for the latter.
- No access: Users with no permissions cannot do anything.
- View only: Users with read permissions can read branches and push for reviews, and have -1 and +1 for reviews.
- Commit/View: Users with commit permissions can do everything read permissions would grant and in addition have -2, +2 for reviews. They can verify and submit permissions, push to/create any branch (bypassing review) and push tags.
- Delete/View: Users with delete permissions can do everything commit permissions would grant and in addition, have the right to rewrite history, upload merges and forge identity.
- Source Code Admin: Users with admin permissions can do everything delete permissions would grant and in addition push to/create any branch (bypassing review). They can rewrite history, forge the identity of the Gerrit server, and have the right to push tags, the right to upload merges, and the right to fine tune access rights in Gerrit for the Gerrit project involved.